The Jordan 1 day tour to Petra from Jerusalem is an unforgettable experience that will take you back in time to the ancient city of Petra, one of the world’s most famous archaeological sites. The tour includes a visit to the iconic Treasury, the Royal Tombs, and the Roman Theater, among other highlights of Petra. In addition, you’ll enjoy a delicious lunch at a Bedouin-style settlement, where you’ll have the opportunity to learn about the traditional Bedouin way of life and enjoy their warm hospitality. The settlement is located in a beautiful desert landscape, providing a stunning backdrop for your lunch.
The tour is led by an experienced Jordanian guide who will provide you with fascinating insights into Petra’s history and culture. Overall, the Jordan 1 day tour to Petra is an adventure that you won’t want to miss.
Petra Tour (including flights) tour from Jerusalem Includes
- Two-way flights from Tel Aviv Ben Gurion airport to Eilat Ramon, from Eilat Ramon to Tel Aviv Ben Gurion airport
- Pickup from Eilat Ramon airport and transfer to Israeli Jordanian border
- Return transfer from Jordanian Israeli border to Eilat Ramon airport
- Full transfers during the group tour in Jordan
- Entrance fees to all sites ( Petra entrance fees ) according to group tour itinerary
- Government licensed Jordanian tour guide in English
- Lunch in Jordanian authentic local restaurant
- Jordan entry manifest issued by Jordanian tour operator, visa pre check approval in advance
Petra Tour (including flights) tour from Jerusalem Excludes
- Transfer from hotel to Ben Gurion airport Terminal 1 and from Ben Gurion airport Terminal 1 to hotel
- Jordan border & visa fees – 130 USD per person. Paid in cash at Jordan to Jordanian tour operator
- Personal expenses
- Personal, medical, travel insurance
- Soft drinks
- Guide in a different language than English, additional $130 per person will be charged via reservation link within the confirmation. Guide will be provided in Petra according to your chosen language
Petra Jordan 1 day Tour from Jerusalem (with flights)
Your one day Petra Tour from Israel any city will take you on a visit to the unique and enchanted city of Petra. It might look like a long day, but the life-long memories you’ll be left with at the end of the Petra Tour will make it worth it!
Leaving from Tel Aviv, Ben Gurion Terminal 1 domestic airport early morning, you’ll fly to Eilat Ramon airport. Upon arrival to Ramon, you will be picked up from Eilat Ramon airport and transferred to the Arava Israeli-Jordanian border.
After clearing immigration and customs, you will be met by one of our multi-lingual Jordanian representatives who will drive you from the Aqaba border station, through the majestic Jordanian desert landscapes, to your first stop on this unique 1 days tour – Petra.
Petra is an ancient city carved out of red sandstone cliffs in southern Jordan, and it’s considered one of the new Seven Wonders of the World. A one day tour of Petra will take you on a journey through history and culture, allowing you to explore this remarkable UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Once you arrive at Petra, you’ll start walking towards the entrance of the city. The entrance is called the Siq, and it’s a narrow canyon that leads into the city. As you walk through the Siq, you’ll be surrounded by towering sandstone cliffs that rise up to 80 meters high. The Siq is about 1.2 kilometers long, so it will take you around 20-30 minutes to walk through it. When you reach the end of the Siq, you’ll see the famous Treasury building, which is Petra’s most iconic landmark. The Treasury is carved out of solid rock and is decorated with intricate carvings and sculptures.
From the Treasury, you can continue exploring the city on foot. There are many other impressive buildings and structures to see, such as the Monastery, the Amphitheater, and the Royal Tombs. Your guide will provide you with information about each of these sites and their historical significance. You can also climb up to the High Place of Sacrifice, which offers stunning views of the city and the surrounding landscape. This climb can be challenging, so make sure you’re wearing comfortable shoes and are prepared for a steep ascent.
After exploring Petra for several hours, you will proceed to a one of the local Jordanian restaurants for an authentic Jordanian Bedouin style lunch. You can try local dishes such as mansaf (a lamb and rice dish) or maqluba (a vegetable and meat casserole).
At the end of your unforgettable day in Petra, you’ll head back to Israel. Your journey will continue to the border station between Jordan and Israel, where you’ll complete the necessary border procedures. Once finished, you’ll be transferred to Ramon airport, where you’ll catch your flight back to Tel Aviv.
Petra Jordan Tour from Jerusalem Estimated Time Schedule
- 05:00 Check in at Tel Aviv Ben Gurion airport Terminal 1
- 06:30 Flight to Eilat Ramon airport
- 07:30-07:45 Pick you up from the Ramon Eilat airport and transfer to “Arava” crossing border between Israel and the Kingdom of Jordan.
- 09:00 “Arava” crossing border issuing visa on arrival to Jordan border. Please note this process may take up to 2 hours, so your patience is required and appreciated
- 10:00 The “Desert way” from the border to Petra along the vast desert highway
- 12:30 Arrival to Petra, guided tour in the pink heritage city
- 15:30 Lunch at a local authentic restaurant
- 16:30 Drive southwards back to Aqaba through Wadi Rum
- 19:00 “Arava” border pass, crossing the border back to Israel
- 19:30 Transfer back to Eilat Ramon airport
- 21:00 Flight back to Tel Aviv Ben Gurion airport Terminal 1
- 22:00 Arrive back in Tel Aviv ( depends on your return flight tickets )
You should know
- Jordan Petra 1 day group tour fully nonrefundable
- Passports first page copies required
- Detailed confirmation voucher will be provided within 72 hours
- Israeli – Jordan / Jordan – Israeli border crossing process might take time, your patience is required and appreciated. Process might take up to 2 hours. Crossing international borders are solely on traveler responsibility
- Recommended for this tour: warm clothing in winter, a hat in summer and comfortable walking shoes. Take snacks, drinking water, thermos with coffee or tea, if possible have an early morning breakfast in advance, as the lunch is late afternoon.
- In case of Arkia/Israir flights delays or rescheduled Compass accept no liability / possible assistance will be provided
- Jordan entry regulations: No special requirements apply
- Back to Israel entry regulations: No special requirements apply
- WhatsApp Assistance +972 58 707 66 11