Go up to Masada by cable car to tour the 2000 year old fortress and palace built by King Herod, and then take a mud bath in the mineral-rich Dead Sea. Drive along the Judean Desert and see the Qumran caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered. Float in the mineral-rich Dead Sea and benefit from the therapeutic qualities of a natural mud-bath!
Masada & Dead Sea Tour from Tel Aviv Includes
- Pickup from your hotel lobby or any other location upon request
- Return transfer to your pickup point or any other location upon request
- All transfers in A/C vehicles according to the tour itinerary
- Government licensed tour guide in your chosen language
- All entrance fees to all sites visited according to the tour itinerary
- Masada Cable car 2 way ride / up to Masada Fortress and down
- Masada site entrance fees
- Dead Sea fully equipped beach entrance fee
|Tour Starts from||Tel Aviv||Jerusalem||Herzliya||Netanya|
|Pick up time at||07:20-07:50||09:00-09:40||07:00-07:15||06:30-06:45|
Masada & Dead Sea Tour from Tel Aviv
Descend to the Judean Desert via the inn of the Good Samaritan.
Drive along the shores of the Dead Sea to Masada where you will learn about the heroic story of the Jewish fighters. Ascend Masada by cable car to tour the 2000 year old fortress and palace built by King Herod, where the Zealots of the first century made their last stand against the Romans. This is the largest and most complete Roman siege camp that remains today. Visit the remains of the walls, palace, synagogue, water cisterns, mosaic floors, roman baths and other findings.
In 2001 UNESCO declared Masada as a World Heritage Site. Descend by Cable Car.
Drive via Ein Gedi, passing by Qumran where you will get a side view of the Qumran caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered.
Continue to the Dead Sea. Float in the mineral-rich Dead Sea which, at 400m below sea level, is the lowest place on earth. Take a mud-bath and benefit from the therapeutic qualities of the natural Dead Sea mud. Enjoy the unique opportunity to float in the Dead Sea and cover yourself with the mineral rich mud, that many believe has its therapeutic effects. Return transfer to pick up point.
Sites you will see
- Judean Desert
- Inn of the Good Samaritan
- King Herod’s fortress and palace
- Qumran Caves
- Ahava Dead Sea cosmetics store shop
- Dead Sea
- Bedouin Village
You should know
- Tour duration is up to 11 hours
- Lunch break for 30-40 minutes, including shopping time. Lunch can be purchased on the spot or bring in advance.
- Estimated return time to Tel Aviv 18:00 / Jerusalem 17:30
- Recommended for this tour: Comfortable walking shoes, hats, sun screen, towels, swimming suite and drinking water.
- Free of charge reschedule 24 before the tour day. Covered by Compass Risk Free policy.
- You can start the tour from Tel Aviv and finish in Jerusalem and reverse.
- Real time availability – Guaranteed availability
- One step booking system – Book Now Online
- Instant payment and booking confirmation
- 24/7 WhatsApp Assistance +972 58 707 66 11
4.9 out of 5 based on 217 reviews. Anonymous Overall rating:
An Exceptional Journey: 5 out of 5
Unforgettable Experience from Haifa Port
6 day package tour Israel
Benjamin - We give you an A+
Private tours Best Prices Best Guides
Great experience with Compass
Un sueño hecho Realidad!
Still have a question about this tour?
Contact us on WhatsApp +972 58 707 66 11 for instant assistance or firstname.lastname@example.org