Take a half day tour to Jerusalem old city including all the holy places: Visit Via Dolorosa, Mount of Olives, Christian and Armenian Quarters, Cardo, Western Wall in Jewish Quarter and more. Continue along the Via Dolorosa to the Church of Holy Sepulcher.
Jerusalem half day tour from Jerusalem Includes
- Pickup from your hotel lobby or any other location upon request
- All transfers in A/C vehicles according to the tour itinerary
- Government licensed tour guide in your chosen language
- All entrance fees to all sites visited according to the tour itinerary
|Tour Starts from||Tel Aviv||Jerusalem||Herzliya||Netanya|
|Pick up time at||07:20-07:50||09:00-09:40||07:00-07:15||06:30-06:45|
Jerusalem Half Day Tour from Jerusalem
Your half day tour in Jerusalem starts with a breathtaking panoramic overview of Jerusalem old city from Mount of Olives. Here your guide will introduce to you some of the facts and stories behind the city.
Next our stop will be at Mount Zion to visit King David’s tomb, the Room of the Last Supper and the Dormition Abbey.
The Cenacler Room on Mt Zion in Jerusalem is where two major events in the early Christian Church are commemorated: The Last Supper and the coming of the Holy Spirit on the apostles. The Last Supper was the meal Jesus shared with his apostles the night before he died. During this meal he instituted the Eucharist. The coming of the Holy Spirit, at Pentecost, is recognized as marking the birth of the Christian Church. The Cenacle is on the upper floor of a two-storey building near the Church of the Dormition, south of the Zion Gate in the walls of Jerusalem’s Old City.
Next, enter the Old City to see the Wailing Wall, Temple Mount and Church of Holy Sepulchre.
Enter the Jerusalem old city passing the Armenian Quarter, one of the four quarters of the old city of Jerusalem. Pass by Armenian Monastery.
Move on to the Jewish Quarter and the tread the recently restored Roman road of the Cardo.
You will visit the colorful city bazaar and the Western Wall. Place your note in cracks of Western Wall. Placing notes in the Western Wall refers to the practice of placing slips of paper containing written prayers to God into the cracks of the Western Wall.
Continue your tour in Jerusalem old city, proceed to Christian Quarter to walk along the Via Dolorosa the path that Jesus walked, carrying his Cross, on the way to his crucifixion, follow the Stations of the Cross ending at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, identified as the place of the crucifixion and the Tomb of Jesus of Nazareth.
I am the resurrection and the life; whoever believes in me, even if he dies, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. John 11,25
The tour ends at 13:30 in the Jerusalem Old City near to Jaffa Gate, where you can continue with your own. No return service included with this tour.
Sites you will see
- Mount of Olives
- Temple Mount
- Via Dolorosa
- Stations of the Cross
- Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- Armenian Quarter
- Jewish Quarter
- Western Wall
You should know
- Tour duration is up to 6 hours
- Estimated return time to Jaffa Gate in Jerusalem 13:00 pm
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements. Dress code is smart casual.
- Recommended for this tour: Comfortable walking shoes, hats, sun screen and drinking water.
- Free of charge reschedule 24 before the tour day. Covered by Compass Risk Free policy.
- You can start the tour from Tel Aviv and finish in Jerusalem and reverse.
- Real time availability – Guaranteed availability
- One step booking system – Book Now Online
- Instant payment and booking confirmation
- 24/7 WhatsApp Assistance +972 58 707 66 11