This tour visits areas often missed by tourists and operates only from October to May. The unique tour takes you to the Biblical city of Jericho where you’ll learn of the Battle of Jericho when the city walls fell. Also see the sycamore tree mentioned in the Biblical tale of Zacchaeus. Stop at Elisha’s Spring that supplied Jericho with fresh water for centuries. At Tel Jericho see where the city was first established and learn how 23 previous settlements have been excavated dating back to c.9000BC. Ride a cable car to the top of the Mount of Temptation and see the mount’s Greek Orthodox monastery. Visit Qaser el Yahud on the Jordan River where John baptized Jesus. Today visitors can also be baptized here. End the day at the Dead Sea where you can relax and enjoy the natural health and beauty benefits of the salt and mineral-rich sea.
Jericho, Dead Sea and the Jordan River Tour from Tel Aviv Includes
- Pickup from your hotel lobby or any other location upon request
- Return transfer to your pickup point or any other location upon request
- All transfers in A/C vehicles according to the tour itinerary
- Government licensed tour guide in your chosen language
- All entrance fees to all sites visited according to the tour itinerary
|Tour Starts from||Tel Aviv||Jerusalem||Herzliya||Netanya|
|Pick up time at||07:20-07:50||09:00-09:40||07:00-07:15||06:30-06:45|
Jericho Dead Sea Jordan River Tour from Tel Aviv
This Jericho, Jordan River and the Dead Sea tour operates from October to May and takes visitors to a number of stunning locations. All highlights mentioned here are visited on this tour but not necessarily in this order.
The Jericho, Jordan River and the Dead Sea Tour visits the city of Jericho, one of the oldest cities in the world. Jericho features in the Bible where Joshua and his troops caused the city walls to fall in the Battle of Jericho.
In the Book of Luke Zacchaeus climbs a sycamore tree to see Jesus over the crowds that had come out to greet him as he entered Jericho. On this tour, we visit the ancient sycamore tree that features in this Biblical story. While in Jericho the tour visits Elisha’s Spring. This spring supplied the city with fresh water over the course of thousands of years. Without the spring people would not have been able to survive in this harsh environment. Just 2 km from Jericho is the archaeological mound of Tel Jericho, the site of the original Jericho settlement.
Archaeologists have uncovered 23 layers from previous settlements in Jericho dating back to 9000 BC. One of the most fascinating finds is a Neolithic watchtower dated c. 8000 BC. The tour continues to Mount of Temptation where the devil tried to tempt Jesus to forsake God. On the mount, a Greek Orthodox monastery seems to defy gravity clinging precariously to the cliffs.
You’ll get to go up to the top of the mount by cable car and take in the stunning views.
This tour includes Qaser el Yahud, a site on the Jordan River where John baptized Jesus. At Qaser el Yahud the Jordan River has been made accessible to visitors who want to be baptized here. This is also where the Israelites may have crossed the Jordan into the Promised Land.
To end off a perfect day the tour takes you to the Dead Sea. Here you can float in the water that is 8.5 times saltier than the ocean; lather your skin with mineral-rich Dead Sea mud and soak up the sun on the beach. Return transfer to pick up point.
Sites you will see
- Dead Sea
- Elisha’s spring
- Mount of Temptation
- Qasr al-Yahud
- Jordan River Baptismal Site
- Tel Jericho – Ancient Archaeological Mound
- Zacchaeus Sycamore Tree Jericho
You should know
- Tour duration is up to 10 hours
- Minimum 3 people per booking
- Lunch break for 30-40 minutes, including shopping time. Lunch can be purchased on the spot or bring in advance.
- Estimated return time to Tel Aviv 18:00 / Jerusalem 17:30
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements. Dress code is smart casual.
- Recommended for this tour: Comfortable walking shoes, hats, sun screen and drinking water, bathing suit and towels.
- Free of charge reschedule 72 before the tour day. Covered by Compass Risk Free policy.
- You can start the tour from Tel Aviv and finish in Jerusalem and reverse. Starting from Jerusalem and finishing in Tel Aviv, supplement of 10 usd applied.
- Real time availability – Guaranteed availability
- One step booking system – Book Now Online
- Instant payment and booking confirmation within 72 hours
- 24/7 WhatsApp Assistance +972 58 707 66 11
4.9 out of 5 based on 217 reviews. Anonymous Overall rating:
An Exceptional Journey: 5 out of 5
Unforgettable Experience from Haifa Port
6 day package tour Israel
Benjamin - We give you an A+
Private tours Best Prices Best Guides
Great experience with Compass
Un sueño hecho Realidad!
Still have a question about this tour?
Contact us on WhatsApp +972 58 707 66 11 for instant assistance or firstname.lastname@example.org