Discover the beauty of Israel’s Golan Heights in all its rugged, mountainous glory, on a full-day tour. Take in the scenic landscape of the high, mountainous plateau. Visit border hot springs and a Talmudic village, explore the ruins of a 6th-century synagogue and spot ancient Hebrew inscriptions. Take in views from the top of an extinct volcano above the Quneitra Valley, and get a birds-eye view over one of the Levant’s most contested regions.
Golan Heights & Katzrin tour from Tel Aviv Includes
- Pickup from your hotel lobby or any other location upon request
- Return transfer to your pickup point or any other location upon request
- All transfers in A/C vehicles according to the tour itinerary
- Government licensed tour guide in your chosen language
- All entrance fees to all sites visited according to the tour itinerary
|Tour Starts from||Tel Aviv||Jerusalem||Herzliya||Netanya|
|Pick up time at||07:20-07:50||06:00-06:15||07:00-07:15||08:15-08:40|
Golan Heights & Katzrin Tour from Tel Aviv
Travel north to Golan Heights, the stunning mountainous region in northern Israel. On your way to Golan Heights enjoy a couple of photo stops along the way.
Drive north along the coastal road,on route stop at overlook of Megiddo. Enjoy the views from the vantage point of Megiddo, where successive ancient settlements were built on top of each other.
Continue to the village of Katzrin to admire its sights on a walking tour. Though it’s considered as the capital of Golan Heights, Katzrin is actually a Talmudic (ancient Jewish) village with incredible ruins scattered all around. Visit Katzrin’s Synagogue, and admire the remains of the 6th-century building that still features some original decorative details. See ancient Hebrew inscriptions on the ruins of the synagogue’s original walls and columns as you walk around.
After a break, continue to the top of nearby Mount Bental – one of Golan Height’s extinct volcanoes. Towering above the Golan plateau, the mountain lends itself to breathtaking views over Quneitra Valley in Syria.
Pose for photos against the valley backdrop. Return transfer to pick up point.
Sites you will see
- Golan Heights
- Megiddo overview
- Sea of Galilee overview
- Katzrin’s Synagogue
- Mount Bental
You should know
- Tour duration is up to 11 hours
- Lunch break for 30-40 minutes, including shopping time. Lunch can be purchased on the spot or bring in advance.
- This tour operates with a minimum of 3 participants
- Minimum 3 people per reservation to guarantee confirmation
- Estimated return time to Tel Aviv 18:30 / Jerusalem 19:30
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements. Dress code is smart casual.
- Recommended for this tour: Comfortable walking shoes, hats, sun screen and drinking water.
- Free of charge reschedule 72 before the tour day. Covered by Compass Risk Free policy.
- Real time availability – Guaranteed availability
- One step booking system – Book Now Online
- Instant payment and booking confirmation
- 24/7 WhatsApp Assistance +972 58 707 66 11
4.9 out of 5 based on 217 reviews. Anonymous Overall rating:
An Exceptional Journey: 5 out of 5
Unforgettable Experience from Haifa Port
6 day package tour Israel
Benjamin - We give you an A+
Private tours Best Prices Best Guides
Great experience with Compass
Un sueño hecho Realidad!
Still have a question about this tour?
Contact us on WhatsApp +972 58 707 66 11 for instant assistance or email@example.com