On this day tour you will visit the Christian holy sites of Bethlehem and Jericho. Visit Manger Square, the Church of Nativity, the Grotto of the Nativity where Jesus was born, Zacchaeus’ Sycamore tree and much more. Explore the significant biblical sites of Bethlehem and Jericho. Explore one of the oldest cities in the world at Jericho. Discover Bethlehem, the City of Bread – a result of the wheat crop that grew in the region, and the birthplace of Jesus Christ and King David.
Bethlehem & Jericho tour Includes
- Pickup from your hotel lobby or any other location upon request
- Return transfer to your pickup point or any other location upon request
- All transfers in A/C vehicles according to the tour itinerary
- Government licensed tour guide in your chosen language
- All entrance fees to all sites visited according to the tour itinerary
|Tour Starts from||Tel Aviv||Jerusalem|
|Pick up time at||06:40-07:10||07:50-08:20|
Bethlehem & Jericho Tour
Decent to the Judean desert, you will see the Inn of the Good Samaritan on route. Look out over the remarkable moonscape of the breathtaking Judean desert. We will take a short break at sea level and then continue to Jericho, the oldest city in the world.
Stop at Zacheus Sycamore to see the oldest Sycamore tree, which Zacheus climbed in order to spot Jesus. Visit the Mound of Ancient Jericho, where 25 ancient cities were uncovered.
Founded in 8,000 BC, Jericho is also the oldest Jewish settlement and was captured by Joshua and Israel in 1,200 BC. Stop for overview of Mt. Temptation, where Satan endeavored to tempt Jesus, and get an overview of the oasis of Jericho and Elisha’s Spring. Cable car in Jericho not included.
Departing Jericho back to the Judean mountains and the city of Bethlehem.
Drive towards Bethlehem via the Nativity Circle and visit Bethlehem’s Manger Square, named after the manger Jesus was born in. Manger Square is home to the Church of the Nativity, one of the world’s oldest-standing churches still functioning to this day.
We will visit the main Basilica of the Nativity, designed in the typical Roman-style and constructed on the ruins of its predecessor in 565 AD, as well as the Catholic Church of St. Catherine, adjoining the Basilica of the Nativity.
Underneath the Church stands the Grotto of the Nativity, the cave in which Jesus was born, the exact spot of birth is marked by a 14-pointed star of silver set into the floor. Milk Grotto, where Mary nursed her son. A Franciscan Chapel is built above the Milk Grotto.
Our last stop in Bethlehem before returning to Jerusalem will be at a beautiful overview of the Shepherds’ Fields, and the Church of the Shepherds’ Fields. Return to point of pickup.
*Important information: The tour is subject to Palestinian authority regulations. Passports are required.
Sites you will see
- Judean desert
- Inn of the Good Samaritan
- Zacheus Sycamore
- Mt. Temptation
- Elisha’s Spring
- Manger Square
- Church of the Nativity
- Grotto of the Nativity
- Shepherds’ Fields
You should know
- Tour duration is up to 11 hours
- Jericho part of the tour in English only
- Lunch break for 30-40 minutes, including shopping time. Lunch can be purchased on the spot or bring in advance.
- Estimated return time to Tel Aviv 18:00 / Jerusalem 17:30
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements. Dress code is smart casual.
- Recommended for this tour: Comfortable walking shoes, hats, sun screen and drinking water.
- Free of charge reschedule 24 before the tour day. Covered by Compass Risk Free policy.
- You can start the tour from Tel Aviv and finish in Jerusalem and reverse.
- Real time availability – Guaranteed availability
- One step booking system – Book Now Online
- Instant payment and booking confirmation
- 24/7 WhatsApp Assistance +972 58 707 66 11