Spend a full day in Jerusalem. Explore the Via Dolorosa, follow 14 Stations of the Cross to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Discover the Old City of Jerusalem. See the Western Wall and wander the holiest city on Earth. Visit Yad Vashem – The World Holocaust Remembrance Center.
Jerusalem old & new cities tour Includes
- Pickup from your hotel lobby or any other location upon request
- Return transfer to your pickup point or any other location upon request
- All transfers in A/C vehicles according to the tour itinerary
- Government licensed tour guide in your chosen language
- All entrance fees to all sites visited according to the tour itinerary
|Tour Starts from||Tel Aviv||Jerusalem||Herzliya||Netanya|
|Pick up time at||07:20-07:50||09:00-09:40||07:00-07:15||06:30-06:45|
Jerusalem Old New Cities Tour
Begin your full-day tour with a hotel pickup in an air-conditioned coach. Start the drive along the Kidron Valley with views of the Garden of Gethsemane, the Mount of Olives and the Church of all Nations.
The first stop is at the Mount of Olives for a scenic overview of the entire city of Jerusalem. This mountain ridge is east of the Old City of Jerusalem and named for the olive groves that once covered its slopes. According to the gospels, a number of important events in the life of Jesus took place here, including where he ascended into heaven.
The Mount has been a site of Christian worship since ancient times and continues to be a place of pilgrimage for Eastern Orthodox, Catholic and Protestant believers.
The tour then passes through the Garden of Gethsemane, at the foot of the Mount of Olives. This garden is known as the place where Jesus prayed, and also where his disciples slept, the night before his crucifixion.
Continue into the Old City through the Zion Gate to Jerusalem’s Cardo, the main thoroughfare of Byzantine Jerusalem. In the Jewish Quarter, visit the Western Wall, or Wailing Wall, the holiest of Jewish sites. The wall is about 2,000 years old, its cracks filled with the prayer papers from the thousands of people that visit here.
Further along in the Christian Quarter, walk along the Via Dolorosa, the street that Jesus traveled on the way to his crucifixion. Here, look for the 14 stations of the cross while retracing Jesus’ steps to the Hill of Calvary, at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Also, see the Stone of the Anointing, where Jesus was believed to have been placed before his burial.
Finally, leave the Old City through the Jewish Marketplace and end the tour at Yad Vashem, the Holocaust History Museum in New Jerusalem. Transfer back to pickup point, back to your hotel after the tour.
*On Saturdays and Jewish holidays, instead of Yad Vashem, drive to Ein Karem, southwest of Jerusalem, traditionally known as birthplace of John the Baptist; Stroll in the narrow lanes of the picturesque neighborhood, stopping by Mary’s spring and continue to visit the remarkable Church of Saint John the Baptist.
Sites you will see
- Mount of Olives
- Temple Mount
- King David’s Tomb,
- Armenian Quarter
- Via Dolorosa
- Stations of the Cross
- Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- Tomb of Jesus of Nazareth
- Jewish Quarter
- Western Wall
- Yad VaShem Holocaust Museum
- Ein Karem ( Saturdays )
- Birthplace of John the Baptist ( Saturdays )
- Mary’s Springs ( Saturdays )
- Church of Saint John the Baptist ( Saturdays )
You should know
- Tour duration is up to 11 hours
- Lunch break for 30-40 minutes, including shopping time. Lunch can be purchased on the spot or bring in advance.
- Estimated return time to Tel Aviv 18:00 / Jerusalem 17:30
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements. Dress code is smart casual.
- Recommended for this tour: Comfortable walking shoes, hats, sun screen and drinking water.
- Visit to the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum is not permitted for children under the age of 10 years.
- Free of charge reschedule 24 before the tour day. Covered by Compass Risk Free policy.
- You can start the tour from Tel Aviv and finish in Jerusalem and reverse.
- Real time availability – Guaranteed availability
- One step booking system – Book Now Online
- Instant payment and booking confirmation
- 24/7 WhatsApp Assistance +972 58 707 66 11